26 Сен “Acqua pazza” with mixed fish
Preparation time: 20 min preparation + 30 min cooking
Recipe for: 4 persons
Main ingredients: seabass , bream
• 1 seabass weighing approx. 700 g
• 1 bream weighing approx. 600 g
• 100 g cherry tomatoes
• 1 clove garlic?
• 600 g boiled potatoes
• 1 chilli
• 80 g white wine
• water, as required
• 25 g extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper?
1. Gut and scale the fish, then wash and dry them and season the insides with salt.
2. Slice the boiled potatoes and arrange them on the bottom of an oven dish.
3. Lay the fish on top, then dress with the chopped cherry tomatoes, oil, sliced garlic, a little parsley, the chopped chilli, wine, 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the oven at 180° for 25/30 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with a sprig of parsley and serve.
For this dish to succeed, the fish must be very fresh. When you go to buy it, check how fresh the product is by examining it: the eyes must protrude, with a black pupil and transparent cornea; plus there should be a slight and pleasant smell, reminiscent of the sea. Finally, the fish should look shiny and iridescent and the body should not be soft and floppy, but rigid and with the scales still firmly attached.