27 Сен Aubergine and tomato caponata
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 65/70 cooking
Recipe for: 4 persons
Main ingredients: aubergines
> 700 g aubergines
> 200 g ripe tomatoes
> 150 g celery
> 2 tablespoons pitted black olives
> 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
> 1 teaspoon sugar
> 2 tablespoons vinegar
> 30 g extra virgin olive oil
> salt and pepper
> parsley, to garnish
1. Fry the chopped tomatoes in oil until they take on the consistency of a pur?e. Season with salt.
2. Dice the aubergines and slice the celery. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the aubergines; when they have browned, add the olives, capers and celery.
3. Stir the ingredients and cook for at least 15 minutes, then add the tomato sauce and cook for 40 minutes.
4. When the cooking process is complete, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with vinegar and add the sugar. Stir, let the vinegar evaporate and leave to rest.
5. Garnish with parsley and serve.