26 Сен CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Preparation time: 70 minutes
Recipe for: 8 persons
Main ingredients: chocolate
• 12 tablespoons butter (3/4 cup, 170g), softened
• 1 cup (200g) raw cane sugar
• 1/2 cup (85g) packed dark brown sugar
• Seeds from 1 vanilla bean (or 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract)
• 2 eggs
• 3 to 3 1/2 cups (430 to 500g) all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon (8g) baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon (2g) salt
• 1 1/2 cups (175g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°C (176°C).
Put the butter and sugars into a stand mixer equipped with the flat beater attachment. Beat on speed 1 until the mixture is creamy.
Add the vanilla bean seeds and eggs. Beat for 10 seconds just until the mixture is combined.
Add 3 cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the dough is homogeneous and comes together in a ball. If it appears sticky add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it is the right consistency.
Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula and roll the dough into 24 balls roughly the size of a walnut. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool for 20 minutes. Eat with a big glass of milk!
Conservation: the cookies will keep well in an airtight container or frozen. If freezing, let the cookies cool completely and line them in an airtight container separated by parchment paper if needing to stack.