27 Сен HUMMUS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Recipe for: 3 persons
Main ingredients: chickpeas
• Two 15-ounce cans (425g each) of chickpeas, drained
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 3 tablespoons (40g) tahini*
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
• 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (plus more for garnishing)
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/8 teaspoon ground sweet paprika (plus more for garnishing)
• Salt, to taste
• Chopped parsley
• Artisan bread
Put the chickpeas, water, tahini, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika and salt in the Smeg blender. Blend on speed 4 until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add additional water, a tablespoon at a time, until it comes together.
Stop the blender and taste. Add additional seasonings if needed and blend briefly to combine.
Put the hummus in a bowl and garnish with a swirl of extra virgin olive oil, paprika and parsley. Serve with toasted artisan bread cut into triangles.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
*Tahini is a sesame seed paste. You can usually find it in jars in the condiment aisle or in the ethnic section of the supermarket.