26 Сен Orange and almond rice puddings
Preparation time: 30 min. + 60 min. cooking
Recipe for: 7 persons
Main ingredients: oranges , cheese , mascarpone
• 100 g dry biscuit crumbs 40 g almond flour
• 65 g melted butter 1 tablespoon icing sugar
• 50 g rice
• 250 g milk
• 170 g sheep’s milk ricotta cheese
• 170 g mascarpone cheese
• 50 g ground almonds 100 g sugar zest from 2 oranges 2 eggs
• salt, as required
• strawberries and orange slices
• ? 6/8 cm pastry ring
1. Rinse the rice, then boil for 10 minutes in lightly salted water, drain and put it back in the saucepan with the grated orange zest. Cover with the milk and cook over a low heat for approximately 20/25 minutes, until very soft. Leave to cool.
2. Base: melt the butter with the icing sugar, then add the almond flour and the biscuit crumbs. Spoon the mixture into the bottom of the pastry rings, pressing to create a compact and even layer.
3. Filling: beat the eggs with the sugar (do not whip), then flavour with the grated orange zest. Working the mixture slowly, add the mascarpone, ricotta and rice. Finally, add the ground almonds. Preheat the oven to 100° and select the steam function.
4. Spoon the topping into the pastry rings, leaving some room at the top. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes (a cocktail stick inserted into the centre of the desserts should come out clean), then finish for 5 minutes using the hot air + grill function at 150°. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before refrigerating for 4 hours.
5. Decoration: turn out the rice puddings and garnish with orange slices and ? a strawberry