26 Сен Ricotta and spinach pancakes
Preparation time: 30/40 min. + 10 min. cooking
Recipe for: 6 persons
Main ingredients: spinach , Ricotta cheese
• 3 eggs
• 180 g milk
• 110 g flour
• 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
• butter for greasing, as required
• 50 g cream
• 550 g cow’s milk ricotta cheese
• 150 g boiled spinach
• 30 g shallot
• 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
• 10 g extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 20 g butter
• Parmesan flakes, to serve
1. Pancakes: beat the eggs with the milk, a pinch of salt and the grated Parmesan, then add the flour and leave to rest for 20 minutes. Heat a non-stick frying pan, melt a small knob of butter and pour in a ladleful of the batter. Cook the pancake on both sides. Continue making pancakes until you have used up all the batter. Set aside.
2. Filling: sweat the shallot (chopped extra-finely), then add the chopped spinach and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and, once cooled, stir in the ricotta, cheese and cream (which should already have been beaten together).
3. Fill the pancakes with the ricotta mixture, fold into quarters and arrange in a dish lined with baking paper, then sprinkle with Parmesan flakes. Brush with melted butter and cook in the oven at 100° for 10 minutes using the steam function.
A touch of spice
If you want to liven up your pancake filling, flavour the ricotta and spinach mixture with a pinch of fresh chopped chilli.