26 Сен Rustic spelt and Kamut bread
Preparation time: 30 min. + 40 min cooking
Recipe for: 6 persons
Main ingredients: wholegrain spelt flour , Kamut® flour
• 350 g wholegrain spelt flour
• 150 g Kamut® flour
• 25 g brewer’s yeast
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon barley malt or honey
• water, as required
• 8 g salt
• cherry tomatoes dressed with oil, salt and basil, to serve
1. In a cup, dissolve the yeast and honey in 100 g warm water.
2. Tip the flours into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the oil, then the dissolved yeast mixture. Start working the dough, gradually adding the water as required, to obtain a very soft mixture. Season with salt when you have finished kneading. Shape into a ball, cover and leave to rise until doubled in volume.
3. Knead the dough again and divide it into two. Make two loaves and transfer them to a greased perforated tray. Dust the loaves with a little spelt flour, then cut a cross in the top of each. Cover with tea towels and leave to rise for 40 minutes.
4. Cook in the oven at 100° for 15 minutes using the steam function, then continue at 190° for a further 28 minutes using the hot air function.
5. Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then slice and serve with the cherry tomatoes dressed with oil, salt and basil.