26 Сен Savoury brioche
Preparation time: 40 min. + 40 min. cooking
Recipe for: 6 persons
Main ingredients: flour , milk , eggs
• 250 g “0” flour
• 100 g “Manitoba” flour
• 100 g milk
• 120 g water (approx.)
• 40 g butter, at room temperature
• 1 egg yolk
• 16 g brewer’s yeast
• 3 g salt
• sliced smoked salmon, to serve
1. Dissolve the yeast in 100 g milk at room temperature. Add the liquid to the flour and start working the dough, gradually adding a further 120 g water (approx.). You should be left with a compact dough. Cover and leave to rise until doubled in volume (approx. 1 hour).
2. Knead the dough again and incorporate the egg yolk, then gradually add the butter at room temperature. Season with salt when you have finished kneading, and make sure the dough is very soft (add a little water if necessary).
3. Grease the tin, then line the longer sides only with a sheet of baking paper. Place the dough in the tin, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise until doubled in volume (approx. 1 hour 15 minutes).
4. Cook at 100° for 15 minutes in a preheated oven using the steam function, then at 180° for a further 20 minutes using the hot air function. Finish with the hot air + grill function at 160° for 5/6 minutes.
5. Remove the brioche from the oven, turn out onto a rack and leave to cool. Slice and serve with smoked salmon.
The perfect accompaniments
Brioche is perfect with smoked salmon, but is also excellent with cured meats, such as speck ham and prosciutto.