26 Сен SHORTCRUST PASTRY
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Recipe for: 6/8 persons
Main ingredients: flour , butter , sugar
• 300 g of flour
• 180 g of butter, in cubes
• 100 g of sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 lemon
1. Use the flat beater at speed 1 for about a minute to work the flour, sugar and butter together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add the egg and the grated zest from the lemon, then finish mixing at speed 2.
3. Keep mixing until you have a smooth, uniform dough.
4. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes before the next stage.Take the dough out of the fridge and soften it up with your hands, then roll out to a thickness of 4 mm. Cut out biscuit shapes using a pastry cutter and bake at 180°C for 13-15 minutes.
The flat beater makes it possible to prepare firmer mixtures. It is ideal for mixing shortcrust pastry and biscuit dough, mashing potatoes, beating eggs into a choux pastry mix, making icing or even blending ingredients together for meatballs.