26 Сен Truffle-stuffed potatoes
Preparation time: 30 min. + 50/55 min. cooking
Recipe for: 4 persons
Main ingredients: potatoes , black truffle
• 4 medium potatoes?
• 4 egg yolks?
• 200 g cream
• 80 g fontina cheese
• 1 black truffle
• salt and pepper
1. Cook the potatoes, covered in salt, in the oven at 150° for 50 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the diced cheese in the cream using a bain-marie, check whether salt is needed and season with pepper.
3. Take the potatoes out of the oven and remove the salt. Scoop out some of the insides, leaving at least one centimetre of flesh and the skin.
4. Presentation: place a potato in the centre of a plate, fill it generously with the piping hot cheese mixture, then drop an egg yolk into the middle of the mixture. Decorate with truffle shavings to taste.
5. Bake in the oven for 2 minutes at 200° and serve immediately.
The truffle is a highly prized fungus that grows underground and has a distinctive strong and lingering aroma. There are various species which can be identified on the basis of morphological characteristics, such as shape, size, colour, etc. Some of the most widespread varieties include: Tuber magnatum Pico (White Truffle from Alba or Acqualagna, or “bianco pregiato”), Tuber melanosporum Vitt. (Black Truffle from Norcia, or “nero pregiato”), Tuber aestivum Vitt. (“Scorzone” summer truffle), Tuber borchii Vitt. (“Bianchetto” or “Marzuolo” truffle), Tuber brumale Vitt. (winter truffle), Tuber macrosporum Vitt. (smooth black truffle).